:::Jerry::::

"raden" wrote in message
In message

ws.net,
":::Jerry::::" writes

One only has to look at this article today

to see an example of police abusing their powers

Once upon a time there were a group of people who wanted to

learn
fly, after they did they took the controls of four planes and

the
rest
is history, as they say....

It's far to simple to shout 'abuse of power', it's also very

easy
blame the police for not doing their job after something goes

wrong, I
also assume this freelance photographer didn't have any form of
accreditation to back up the fact that he was who he said he was

?

I'm not sure you can make that assumption

Anyway, why should you need accreditation to take some photos ?

This isn't just a one off

Significantly more peace protesters have been arrested under the
prevention of terrorism act than "terrorists"

I put that in inverted commas, since even of those arrested as
"terrorists" only a couple have been actually charged with

anything
and
even less convicted

please ... WAKE THE **** UP

No, you wake the **** up !
I'm not saying that the prevention of terrorism act is not being

miss
used, nor am I saying that it is, what I'm trying to say is that

what
on the surface might seem clear to some could well have other

issues -
no one would have batted an eye lid about people apparently wanting

be come commercial aircraft pilots pre 9/11.

It's to easy to shout FOUL or GOAL without considering what else

might
have been happening on the pitch at the same time - how do we know
that there wasn't some police surveillance / operation going on

that
this 'photographer' had stumbled into to the middle off for

example,
the Police are hardly going to publicise the fact are they...

Don't just believe the spin someone puts on something just because
it's what you want to hear.

A couple of years ago, I got stopped by a couple of plods

"Cut that bend at a bit of a funny angle didn't we sir"

"No"

"Well I think you did, have you been drinking ?"

"No"

breath test ...

negative

I had been pootling along quite correctly on a road I know very well

Same thing really ...

Now what happens when people like you make a song and dance about the
Police trying to do their job when they start thinking that stopping
people because they think something is wrong is just to much hassle
(to many forms, to many 'do-gooders' and claims lawyers etc.) so they
don't bother to stop that bloke who has just cut the corner - a mile
further down the driver cuts down a group of people on the road side
due to being drunk...