d.

Jon Mason wrote:
On Mon, 2 May 2005 11:19:22 +0100, "Set Square"

wendyjon wrote:

Hi all,
The fan motor has burnt out on my Baxi Solo 3. (240V across motor,

no
Does anyone know how to remove the fan assembly?

I think that the studs to which you refer hold the motor onto the

fan cowl.
However, you have to remove the *assembly* - cowl and all. From the

picture
on P40 of the Baxi document, it looks as if the screws in question

are
*underneath* the cowl, screwing up into it from below.

Yes, I think you're right. But I think I'll need to get another cover
off the boiler to get to the underside of the fan. And to undo the
cover, I'll need to get hold of a set of security screwdriver bits.
Time to call Screwfix!
Thanks for your help!

Jon.

If all else fails R.T.F.M.

I would strongly advise you get a Corgi engineer to carry out this
work.

YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO READ VERY CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS, EVEN WITH IDIOT
PICTURES, SO HOW DO YOU PROPOSE TO CARRY OUT A JOB WHICH ONLY INVOLVES
UNDOING A TOTAL OF 5 TORX SCREWS. TWO OF WHICH HOLD THE WHITE CASE ON.

If you take off this "other" panel how will you reseal it?

For the sake of your boiler and house get a corgi engineer in now.

david.