Jon Mason

On Mon, 2 May 2005 11:19:22 +0100, "Set Square"

wendyjon wrote:

Hi all,
The fan motor has burnt out on my Baxi Solo 3. (240V across motor, no
Does anyone know how to remove the fan assembly?

I think that the studs to which you refer hold the motor onto the fan cowl.
However, you have to remove the *assembly* - cowl and all. From the picture
on P40 of the Baxi document, it looks as if the screws in question are
*underneath* the cowl, screwing up into it from below.

Yes, I think you're right. But I think I'll need to get another cover
off the boiler to get to the underside of the fan. And to undo the
cover, I'll need to get hold of a set of security screwdriver bits.
Time to call Screwfix!
Thanks for your help!