Albre

You might want to read past the executive summary on the first page.
That 80uA might be a mistake. The closest figure to that in the actual
specs is 160uA max at 125C. It's very temperature dependent, of
course.

OK, I'll go back and look att he Phillips parts again and compare.

I find that the 4584 is not as available as the 74HC14. Both are
schmitt trigger inverters. If I base my vco on the 74HC14, will it
still allow me to change the frequency of the oscillator by changing
the Vcc?

The schematic that looks most promissing is at:

http://www.discovercircuits.com/PDF-FILES/4584vco.pdf

I hope to substitute the 74hc14 in place of the 4584.

OK, yes or no?

Thanks all.