Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 02 May 2005 16:24:04 -0400, the renowned Albre wrote:

I looked at the Phillips parts (previously) and didn't see any thing
nearly that low. Your 4 ua sounds more like the current drawn when the
chip is not selected or in standby mode.

That's what Iq means. If you want it actually do something it draws
more current.

I checked the ONSemi MC74HC4046A. It states on the first page that the
quiescent current consumption is 80 ua, and that is with the vco
disabeled.

You might want to read past the executive summary on the first page.
That 80uA might be a mistake. The closest figure to that in the actual
specs is 160uA max at 125C. It's very temperature dependent, of
course.

I did not see any graphs for vco frequency vs supply current, which
would be very useful to have.

It will be very much dependent on the RC values- the resistors set
currents in current mirrors.

If you know of a part that uses 4 ua of supply current with the vco
active, drop me a line.... I'm getting far different numbers.

Thanks,

Ok.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany