Albre

I looked at the Phillips parts (previously) and didn't see any thing
nearly that low. Your 4 ua sounds more like the current drawn when the
chip is not selected or in standby mode.

I checked the ONSemi MC74HC4046A. It states on the first page that the
quiescent current consumption is 80 ua, and that is with the vco
disabeled.

I did not see any graphs for vco frequency vs supply current, which
would be very useful to have.

If you know of a part that uses 4 ua of supply current with the vco
active, drop me a line.... I'm getting far different numbers.

Thanks,

The On MC74HC4046A has maximum Iq of 4uA -55 to 25°C, 40 uA 85°C.
That's not so bad.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany