Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 02 May 2005 19:53:34 GMT, the renowned "Genome"
wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
.. .

Okay, go for it.

I see no reason to *go for it*. If you know the answer then I look forward
to your explanation. I will not waste my time with needless arguments.

Ah, okay, perhaps I misunderstooood what you meant when you said you
were "gagging for it". Perhaps that's just as well.

1uA (maximum? typical?)

I see that you understand. Perhaps we should wait for the OP to respond so
we can further discern his actual requirements.

at 70kHz operating current

Yes, but if you read OPs question again you will see he was asking for
65kHz-70kHz operation. This is a very narrow range to achieve given your
original solution of a 74HC4046 which operates to 19MHz.

3.0/11 MHz min at 3/4.5V Vdd for the one I mentioned, but that's more
like 19MHz when you convert to GBP. Anyway you don't want CMOS sitting
inbetween the rails too much of the total period or it will blow away
the uA limit. Or get rid of the CMOS bit. IIRC there were some really
low power oscillators that put high-value resistors in the drains of
the MOSFETs in a 4007.

VCO, with realistic parasitic capacitances.

You are quite right. I should have posted to ask the OP to further define
his actual requirements. This is probably a battery application and we
should be more concerned about the gradual draw down due to internal
impedances.

Yes.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany