Buell Boy

I've tried OVER and OVER to reach the local building departments. Their
website is not useful, and reaching a person by phone is a 2-3 week
proposition. Since the Hurricanes here (I'm in Florida in an area
where 3 hit last year), there is so much building going on that it's
almost impossible to speak to anyone in the building or code
departments. Permits in our town are 6-12 months from the time of
application.

Good suggestion though I just WISH I had a building inspector avaiable.
I also talked to a clerk about the project. She said they are so backed
up that projects like mine are not being permitted at this time- she
basically said "have at it"..

Welcome to Florida!

IRC correctly the =BC" steel flitch plate w/bolts may have been an
alternative to either =BD" or 3/4" ply nailed.

BX1's best bet is to check with Building/Zoning or Community
Development
in his town and see what they say. To overbuild is never a crimeg