Darrell Henze

Thanks for checking Tabergman. I guess I'll use it and not look to complain!

wrote in message
ups.com...
I can't say I've noticed any of this in mine. Checked runout when
first assembled (really low) and just drilled holes from then on.

I just walked down to the shop to check. Whaddya know, the motor isn't
quite 'square'. There are four adjustment bolts on the motor mount
though, if it bothers you. The belt will take up minor pulley
misalignment.

I can move the quill (didn't measure) all the way out. Guess that
doesn't surprise as it's fully extended so the restrictions on lateral
movement will be at the absolute minimum. Note it isn't loose - it
takes some force to move, but it does appear to have some play. I
guess when I've drilled I minimize the lateral forces.

Guess since it drills straight I'm not going to worry. If something
were so out of alignment it might reduce the life of the machine I'd
adjust, but these seem pretty minor.