Ed Sirett

Default FAQ Question re. central heating

IMM wrote:
=

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Hi All,

Just reading the FAQ on central heating at
http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_test/Q2.12.html

It says "After installation and commissioning, a new central heating

system
should be balanced." And says: The "...aim of balancing is to achiev=

e the
correct temperature drop across the boiler flow & return pipes (11=B0=

C)."

I assume that in layman's terms this means, "... so that the water th=

at
goes
back to the boiler is cold enough to need re-heating, yet warm enough=

have delivered sufficient heat to the last radiator in the chain? Is =

that
right?

Sorry if this is a stupid question...

Jonathan
=

Install a micro-bore system with manifolds. They are self balancing if=

the
rads are sized reasonably correct. Then install an auto variable speed=

Grundfos Alpha pump.
=

Haven't we been here before? =

ISTR that we had a discussion about this and noted that microbore
systems might be a bit less unbalanced at the outset but that was about
all. =

-- =

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk