Don Bruder

In article ,
John Chase wrote:

North wrote:

[ snip ]

They (the car makers and Gov) need to make more diesel powered
vehicals avalible in the U.S., but big oil and the EPA won't let them
and it's ****ed up.

I've been driving a diesel-powered vehicle for 10 years now, and have seen
the
price of Diesel fuel rise from about 20% less than the cheapest regular
gasoline
to about 10% more than the mose expensive premium gasoline. Care to try to
explain that?

Somebody (the refineries) noticed that the consumer noticed the
difference in price and started buying diesels to avoid the gouging for
a gallon of gasoline, and they figured it was a cash-cow waiting to be
milked, so they jacked the prices accordingly.

Any other explanation is bull****, with a capital "BULL****". Diesel
is, quite simply, garbage left over from turning crude into gasoline,
and because of the way the cracking process works, it's actually cheaper
to make than gasoline - heat the crude to the temperature to boil off
the mess of compounds we pump into the tank as gasoline. Let the
leftover "gunk" cool a bit, and you're left with a puddle of diesel
standing on top of (or is it laying underneath? I've forgotten which one
floats on the other) a slab of wax and what amounts to tar.

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.