North

On Mon, 2 May 2005 22:30:32 -0400, "Glenn Ashmore"
said:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Let me see... The debate on this ultimately involves a trade-off
between keeping humans healthy and alive here in the US, or keeping
some obscure but endangered species of animal life alive and healthy
for a short time longer in the Arctic Wastelands.

Seem to me that this decision is a 'no-brainer', except for someone
with a seriously distorted sense of values and who has never personally
witnessed unfortunate homeless people sleeping on top of culverts and
under bridges just to keep warm in zero-degree winter weather because
the local shelter has no heat or space for them.

I've seen oil wells in operation for decades everywhere from Long Beach
California to Pennsylvania, but I have yet to see one create any
notable environmental hazard, nor have the thousands of miles of oil
pipeline that we have criss-crossing the US.

How many polar bears, seals and birds does it take to equal one human
life?

Think about it.

Forget the d*@ned polar bears. They will all be dead in a few years anyway
at the rate the ice packs are melting.

Think about this. Not one gallon of ANWAR oil is ever going to mean the
difference between life and death for anyone. What it will do is avoid the
automobile makers having to increase average efficiency by about 0.2 mpg,
supply the same amount of gasoline that would be saved if everyone increased
the tire pressure by 1 PSI and give the oil companies something to do with
their money rather than increase refining capacity so they are free to
declare regional shortages and jack up prices whenever they want.

You wingers better face up to the fact that from now on there will never be
enough oil and WalMart is shipping all our money to China so they can out
bid us for what oil there is. This "energy bill" is just a giant give away
to big oil partially financed by cutting research in alternative sources off
at the knees.

They (the car makers and Gov) need to make more diesel powered
vehicals avalible in the U.S., but big oil and the EPA won't let them
and it's ****ed up.

n.