stone

I'd like to build one of the bandsawmills. And I've been
thinking about how you might design the mounts for the
bandsaw wheels.

If you have the two wheel axels under tension, what type
of bearing is best/standard/normal for this type of application?

I was thinking that a roller or ball bearing wouldn't be quite right
for this
sort of thing. But I don't know much about bearings, or bearing
terminology.

And second, I was thinking that one wheel could be fixed, while the
other one would need atleast the tension adjustment. But is this true
or
a good idea, because you might need to adjust each wheel to keep the
band from jumping off.

I was thinking that an excellent way to begin to mount these wheels
would be to take a solid bar and put it on a vertical mill and make
both axel sides as accurate as you could get it, with some sort of
slide provision for the tension adjustment.

But then I thought maybe this would be wasted effort because the wheels

might not be available to take advantage of this precision. IE. Can
you get
super balanced, super true wheels?

Thanks.