RonB

I would recommend spending some time understanding what you want to do with
the shop and machines and carefully selecting equipment to meet that end.

I got a lot of use out of a simple disk sander well before I owned a
stationary belt or spindle sander. The disk does a lot of things well
including light blade dressing you mention. I get the most use from lightly
smoothing miter cut surfaces prior to joining.

The spindle came along last when I started working with more curved surfaces
and sculpting. Now I am considering a hand-held drum for similar purposes.

Again, concentrate your time and starting cash on basics - The best
tablesaw, jointer, surface planer, clamps and key hand tools you can afford
Wise investment here will pay dividends forever.

RonB