carl mciver

wrote in message
ups.com...
| Hi everyone,
|
| Before I ask my question, I would just let you all know I know nothing
| about metal work.
|
| I have a computer business, and was intrested in branding my computers
| more. What I want to do is somehow put my logo onto the computer case,
| but not with just simply put on a sticker. I wanted to somehow
| engrave my the case with my logo so if people touch it, they can feel
| my logo(simlair to an HP, DELL, IBM computer).
|
| I will buy aluminum Cases and then put my logo on the side. I spoke
| with a famiyl friend who didn't know too much about it but thought that
| i would need something like a clamp that had a our logo on it, and when
| we clamp it down on the side of the case it will put our logo on it. He
| said it was called embossing.
|
| I was wondering if this was the correct way to do it? if not, is there
| an more effienct way? and how much a machine like this would cost me
| about(i am in toronto)?
|

| Thanks in advance

I was thinking that if you had a stencil made, you could sandblast the
logo on. You can clearcoat or paint over it after you're done, using the
same stencil, possibly. Depending on the grit and paint you use, the
texture will be unique and easily felt. Not embossing, but another idea
that anyone at your store can do (out back, that is!)