Harry Everhart

My neighbor has a big house. He had two gas tank water heaters. He
replaced them with two "takagi" tankless water heaters - had them
installed for $500 each. Now this guy is a wealthy fellow and money does
not matter to him - service does. The tankless water heaters produce
endless instant hot water - no lag - no nothing - turn the faucet on -
hot water comes out now. He can have four showers running at once and
the hot water still does not run out.

The units are very small - less than 2 x 2 x 1. they do not require
electricity - so you have hot water even in a power failure. They have a
battery igniter.

A restaurant down the street has one. They do piles of dishes daily.
They depend on that "rennai" tankless water heater. It does a great job.
their business would go down without it. they have been using it two
years without one down time.

Also - since we leave our home a lot - we will not be heating a tank of
water and wasting energy keeping it warm. When you are away - everything
is off. It only turns on when you turn on the hot water faucet. I am
going to install my tankless heater on the outside wall just 4 inches
from my showers.

Also my city will give me $450 for every electric water heater I replace
with a gas one - so this is an easy decision.

The new technology in tankless water heater is fantastic. Yes -
conventional water heaters are cheaper than tankless - but but tankless
are cheaper to run and much more efficient.

I am going to install one or two.

Harry