Palindr˜»me

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Jan Panteltje" wrote in message
news:1114635656.816ed00d683a52da9acef964a66ac677@t eranews...

On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:48:01 +0100) it happened "Mary Fisher"
wrote in
t:

"Lars" wrote in message

Today I touched the outside of the lampshade and got a sort of vey
mild tingle feeling which felt "odd". When I used a mains tester
screwdriver on the exposed metal (at the joint of the lampshade
and support arm) then it glowed as if the metal of the Anglepoise
lamp was live.

It is a common case, and possibly capacitive coupling between the hot wire
and the metal frame (if no isolation problem).
The responsible things to do is use a 3 lead mains cable and plug, and
connect
the ground to the metal frame.
Problem solved.

Nope. That's what Spouse said. It now has that (he did it) and there's no
change..

Following fitting the earth connection, does it tingle even
when switched off at the wall socket?

If so , it sounds like you are discharging a static charge
into the lamp, rather than getting a charge from it.
Touching something that is earthed (eg wall radiator)
shortly before touching the lamp should prove/disprove this.
But don't touch the two at the same time until you have had
the lamp professionally tested for safety - I wouldn't have
trusted my hublet with anything electrical..

--
Sue