Joseph Meehan

My kitchen and dining rooom have 3" oak hardwood floors. I want to
replace the carpet in two adjoining rooms. However, I want to use
hickory with a lot of character. I'll probably demarc the rooms with
boundary of really dark wood or maybe not -- just ttransition abruptly
from oak to hickory.

The question to the gruop is: is this tasteful? I've heard that having
one floor type makes the rooms look bigger but right now they are
carpet and wood so the "feel" shouldn't change....

Opinions?

It's your home, what do you think? OK go with that.

I have seen some combinations in homes that looked great, and others
that just did not work. How it will look is dependent on a large number of
factors including the walls the furniture windows, all kinds of things,

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit