Sparks

Have you tried the same test with the longer cable, using a monitor?
(The monitor may be less fussy of the signal strength than the IP Server)

Not since I relaid it :-(

It worked before and my tests show no breakage in cables :-( Ho Hum

Is it not possible to connect a monitor up to the cable now it is installed?

You really should put in some spoper co-ax cable!
A friend of mine got some cameras that had the same kind of wire you
discribe, the image was quite blurred (even after playing wht the focus!)
I said he really should install Co-Ax to the camera, and as he worked for
NTL anyway, he had some "spare" laying about anyway!
Somehow I ended up doing most of it, but tha't another story!
After the new cable was installed, the picture was *vastly* improved, he
thought the camera was just crap.

If you have some spare coax laying about, try connecting a 20ft length to
the camera, and the other end to the IP Server to see if that solves the
problem (My money is on it will!)

You want to use RG59, RG6 or CT100 cable, not "low-loss" areial cable - I
have used RG59 throughout with proper crimped BNC connectors.

Sparks...