Peter H

Albre wrote in message ...
I need a low frequency vco (to operate between 55 and 65 Khz) that
draws very little power (microamp supply current if possible). Goggle
turns up uhf and microwave vco's that draw 10's of ma. It needs to be
a square wave, but can live with a triangle or sine wave output.

A single chip solution would be preferred, but can build it from
discrete components if necessary.

I'd like to have it sweep between 55 and 65 Khz with the varying
control voltage.

A cmos r/c oscillator might work just fine, but I can't figure out how
to vary the frequency with a dc input voltage::

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Use a cmos 555
Typically draws 60uA