I ring flyback,SMPS's xfmers,video heads,yokes and other x-fmrs using
the calibration output of my TEK465 and two 0.1Uf poly caps:

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/flypoor.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Dec02/Dec021.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Dec02/Dec023.html

and it works great.

HR Diemen of Spain makes top quality flybacks,SMPS transformers and
test equipment which have ISO9001 & maybe ISO9002 certification,they
are now the OEM supplier for Sony who as we all know have poor
flybacks,the proof is on their website,CD ROM and paperback catalogs.
They also have free online specs for each of their products including
schematics.

They manufacture the world's best flyback transformers:

http://www.hrdiemen.com/indexeng.shtml

At the above link you can lookup the winding diagrams and schematics of
it as well.Here is an article that I contributed to NESDA:

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct02/Oct028.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct02/Oct029.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct04/Oct041.html

HR Diemen SA
Edificio Dimabel 08512
Saint Hipolit de Voltrega Barcelona
Spain
Tel: 34 93 850 23 23
Fax: 34 93 850 24 62

http://www.hrdiemen.es
http://www.flyback.com

Attention:
Martha Bach
Sales Department

In the USA HR Diemen flybacks are available through:

Electronica
2828 E.Colfax Ave
Denver,Co 80206
USA
Ph:1-800-722-5578
Phone303)322-3037
fax303)322-1135
http://www.electronica-usa.org/

or

http://www.mcmelectronics.com

or

PRB Belt Company

now bought by:

Russell Industries Inc
3000 Lawson Blvd
P.O Box 508
Oceanside,New York 11572
USA
http://www.prbline.com
http://russellind.com/downl.htm

Ph:1-800-558-9572 Press # 1(PRB/Russell)
Ph:1-800-645-2202 M-F=9:00-5:30 EST
Attention:
Larry

or

Tritronics
http://www.tritronicsinc.com/lookup_cs.htm

Sidney

Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/May02/May18.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyAudMod.html
http://www.newark.com/product-detail...ge/32-9495.jpg
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct02/Oct028.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct02/Oct029.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct04/Oct041.html

S wrote:
Short of having a proper flyback tester, are there any tests with a
multimeter that would strongly indicated a shorted flyback? I have 2

P810's
(viewsonic) that I'm pretty sure have blown their flybacks but wanted

confirm before i strip them down for parts..

Thanks

Stu