George

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
As for the smooth jaws versus the serrated jaws, we consider the
smooth jaws as poor, again they were made at the insistance of
customers. We feel that chucking marks and methods should be
completely removed. If you think that smooth jaws leave no marks you
are incorrect. Wood is compressible and when you compress it, you mark
it. If all you ever work is very very hard exoctics maybe the marks
are so small that you cannot see the marks, but I have never seen a
foot where I could not see the chucking mark. As an amateur craftsman
you owe it to yourself to do the very best job you can.

What if you don't compress the wood, Kevin?

If no one see's 'em are they really there?