Chris

Default Joining the 21st century...

"Dave Plowman" wrote in message
After a couple of vast phone bills I'm going broadband. I'm having
problems getting it set up due to my Acorn browser not talking properly to
the router, but that's not my question.
I've got phone sockets in every room - two in some - and I didn't take
particular care when installing the cable. And this computer is on the
very last socket on the chain. Rather than provide filters everywhere, I'd
like to put the router in the cellar where the line comes in, with just
the one filter before it, then run Cat5 to both the computers up the side
of the house. Anything wrong with this plan?

Have a look at this replacement master socket, it might help.

http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_faceplate_mod.htm

It allows you to have just one filter in the circuit. Only draw back is you
need a spare pair in your cable run the extention sockets.

Chris

- remove nogo to reply -