Spehro Pefhany

On 1 May 2005 21:58:35 -0700, the renowned
wrote:

Hi everyone,

Before I ask my question, I would just let you all know I know nothing
about metal work.

I have a computer business, and was intrested in branding my computers
more. What I want to do is somehow put my logo onto the computer case,
but not with just simply put on a sticker. I wanted to somehow
engrave my the case with my logo so if people touch it, they can feel
my logo(simlair to an HP, DELL, IBM computer).

I will buy aluminum Cases and then put my logo on the side. I spoke
with a famiyl friend who didn't know too much about it but thought that
i would need something like a clamp that had a our logo on it, and when
we clamp it down on the side of the case it will put our logo on it. He
said it was called embossing.

I was wondering if this was the correct way to do it? if not, is there
an more effienct way? and how much a machine like this would cost me
about(i am in toronto)?

Thanks in advance

Why don't you silk screen your logo on? You can make it whatever color
you like, relatively large, and it will have a bit of feel because of
the thickness of the paint. Just be sure to use a compatible
paint/solvent system that allows you to quicly clean off the logo if
you botch it without dissolving the underlying finish. That will
prevent you from ending up with cases that are scrap because the cover
is not salable.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany