Mark Rand

On 1 May 2005 10:45:10 -0700, "siliconmike" wrote:

Donald wrote:
In my humble opinion the best way to make and plate this part, would

be to
photo etch the parts out on a +8" x +10" sheet of phos. or beryllium

bronze
leaving the parts attached..

Sounds like a good idea. But I've never had any experience with
etching. For now EDM is cheap in India. And I've had good luck making
the parts. What remains is plating consistency.

Btw, I'd like to try this in future. Any leads / hints / pointers on
your process?

Mike

Would it spoil the end product if you had the sheets of foil plated before
EDMing the parts? It may then be possible to mount the sheets in frames that
would be more robust. It may also cost less!

regards
Mark Rand
RTFM