Gunner

On Mon, 02 May 2005 05:25:51 GMT, Ernie Leimkuhler

In article . com,
wrote:

Hi everyone,

Before I ask my question, I would just let you all know I know nothing
about metal work.

I have a computer business, and was intrested in branding my computers
more. What I want to do is somehow put my logo onto the computer case,
but not with just simply put on a sticker. I wanted to somehow
engrave my the case with my logo so if people touch it, they can feel
my logo(simlair to an HP, DELL, IBM computer).

I will buy aluminum Cases and then put my logo on the side. I spoke
with a famiyl friend who didn't know too much about it but thought that
i would need something like a clamp that had a our logo on it, and when
we clamp it down on the side of the case it will put our logo on it. He
said it was called embossing.

I was wondering if this was the correct way to do it? if not, is there
an more effienct way? and how much a machine like this would cost me
about(i am in toronto)?

Thanks in advance

It would be really easy to do a simple embossed logo using a small
hydraulic press and an open die.

Check out this site.

http://www.bonnydoonengineering.com/learn/hydraulic/hydraulic.shtml

Ayup. See this all the time in my line of work. But it works best if
the panel is unpainted...Doing it already finished...it may screw up
the paint. If its powder coated..it WILL screw up the powder coat.

Ymmv of course.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke