Rob Whitton

Whilst this is true I have CAT5 on a south facing wall - it has been there
for about 5 years and is fine. I expect it will fail at some point due to UV
degradation but it will only cost me perhaps 30 mins to replace it (and very
low cost) and will be good for another 5 years.

The other possibility, assuming your house is painted, is to just paint the
cable with matching paint. The paint will act as an effective UV barrier.

Rob

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
The problem is that the normal Cat 5e cable is not UV resistant. UV
resistant cable is available but it is not cheap and you will probably
have to buy far more than you need. Obviously you could put it in conduit.

Peter Crosland