>{daZza}

Jim wrote:
If it's any help I've got cat5 running on the outside of my house,
it's only been there a year but still working great. Didn't even
think about UV when I installed it, but then again how much sun do we
get in this country !

Jim

"Buzby" wrote in message

Is it acceptable to surface run network cable outside to get between
floors?
If I do this, should I be using shielded cable?
Looking at networking to a ground floor extension where internal
routing is
not an option..
Outside run will just be 4m vertical. Total run length about 20m.
I know this is done with satellite cable although I try to run
concealed as
far as possible.

get a wireless router? Prolly end up about the same cost when you
take into account time and materials?

As stated, wireless router £50ish,

--

remove "BUT PLUG" to reply ;-)