Bob Darrah

Default Grizzly Ultimate 14" Bandsaw

I know that the topic of which bandsaw is best comes up frequently but I
would like to hear from those that have had the Grizzly Ultimate 14" bandsaw
for awhile. It's been out for a couple of years and I think I can get some
good opinions now. How is it holding up? Is it still a good machine when
adding the 6" riser block? Are the bearings good? Does the Carter blade
guide fit the Grizzly bandsaw? Is there anything I should know before buying
one? I am looking at the Jet 14" that is on sale and will be choosing one of
them by the middle of the month. I'm fairly knowledgeable about the Jet. I
will be cutting mostly Big Leaf Maple and Maple Burl for the lathe and it
will be getting usage daily. I also have some Desert Ironwood that I will
cutting. I know I have to have a bi-metal blade for the ironwood. I found
that out on a smaller saw.

Thanks to any that leave messages for me!

Bob