:::Jerry::::

"Stefek Zaba" wrote in message
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

Once upon a time there were a group of people who wanted to learn

fly, after they did they took the controls of four planes and the

rest
is history, as they say....

Indeed. And their learning pattern (level flight, not takeoff or
landing) was suspicious enough to make at least one instructor

report at
least one of them to their local FBI office. Who took it seriously
enough to pass it up the line. Where it was spiked.

AIUI one of those involved mentioned that he wasn't that intrested in
learning how to take off and land, IIRC he is the same person who was
arrested and has recently been found guilty of 9/11 offences.

And all of whom, BTW, had full and accurate ID.

Yes, as I've mentioned before.

It's far to simple to shout 'abuse of power', it's also very easy

blame the police for not doing their job after something goes

wrong, I
also assume this freelance photographer didn't have any form of
accreditation to back up the fact that he was who he said he was ?

Nor should we all walk round with Accreditation to 'back up the fact
that we are who we say we are'. Had he been a terrorist casing the

joint
(that most unknown of Government locations - the Houses of

Parliament,
for Gawd's sake) he'd have to have been a particularly brazen
double-bluffing one to have (in his words as quotes in the BBC

report)
'asked four officers if I could photograph them in front of the

Houses
of Parliament'. Every time I've walked past the HoP, I've seen

multiple
tourists taking pictures of each other with the HoP as background; I
can't help thinking that posing as such would be a rather smarter

way to
get a few shots of the HoP without attracting attention...

Quite, but you are missing the ****ing point, who cares if someone is
asked what they are doing or are asked (told) to move on, when are the
idiots going to realise that complaining like this might just make
some police officers think twice about asking WTF someone is doing in
future, that person who isn't asked or moved on might just be the
person who blows our political / democratic system to bits.

Remember, the Yorkshire ripper was caught not be intelligence (that
was leading off towards a fake phone call) but pure and simple stop,
search and questioning of someone who (in the eyes of the Policeman)
looked suspicious.