Jim Weisgram

[...snip...]
Thanks for the detailed explanation, Bob. I like your design. I don't know
how you did it but your produced the first successfule ascii drawing I have
seen in this group. Every other one gets mangled so badly in transmission
that they are unreadable. Yours was very readable and a useful adjunct to
your explanation.

What's really interesting is that it only looks right when you view
with a proportional font like Arial. Generally ASCII art looks right
when you view with a monospaced font. Which is probably the critical
piece you are missing in all the other examples.