bw

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message
I have an older Briggs and Stratton 3.5hp engine on a lawn edger. I am
getting no spark. (has points, not elect. ign.)

Sometimes the spark plug wire deteriorates, especially corrosion at the
crimped on fitting attachment. Try removing that piece, cleaning the wire
core, and re-attaching the crimped on connector.

Coils almost never fail, easy enough to find a scrap engine and switch
coils. Make sure the kill wire is not accidently grounded.

Points need to be completely clean. Condensers occaisionally fail. Make sure
all connections are not corroded.