Sparks

"Pedro Popadopolous" wrote in message
Hi All,

So can anyone help me :-(

It does help if you tell us the problem!

I assume you are not getting a video signal from your camera.
If you connect the camera to the monitor directly, do you get a picture?

Is the 4 core cable alarm cable?
If so, how long is the run?

From my experience when installing cameras at my house (9 of them so far!)
unless you use proper co-ax for the video feed, the quality of the picture
is **** poor.

I used RG59 cable for all my cameras - the cameras in and outside the
garages, at the top of the garden, some 70m of cable away, all have
excellent images.

If your runs are short, then the "4 core" may be acceptable (but coax would
be better!)

Have you checked that the camera is powered up OK and that the yellow cable
is ok (Swap the red and yellow both ends, then make sure the camera is sill
powered up - if it is, then the yellow is fine, if not, then your yellow
wire is broken somewhere!

If the cables are all OK, and the camera defiantly works, is there a way you
can connect the monitor up to the camera with a short lead (but leaving the
camera powered via the long one)? - Sometimes you get too much voltage drop
over a long cable, then the camera fails to work.

Give us some more info on your setup, including power supply voltage and
amperage, model of camera, length of cable run, type of monitor,
multiplexer, switcher etc...

Sparks...