D. J. MCBRIDE

"Eddie Kee" wrote in message
I am going to build a workshop this spring and move out of the
basement. I
am planning a 30 x 40 building with 9 foot ceilings. My big concern
is the
floor. I would like a wood floor and not concrete. I was thinking at
first
of having an insulated slab pured and then placing placing wood 2x
anchored
to the concrete and then plywood and oak on top. I have 1000's bf of
airdried oak that I will use for the final floor. Then the though
accoured
to me to just pour colums and build a joist floor system out of
treated
lumber. Filling between the joists with gravel, placing a vapor
barrier
down and then plywood with the oak finish on tope. Any thoughts. I
want to
make sure the critters have a hard time getting in since we live out
in the
sticks and that is the reason for the gravel between the joists. The
building will be heated. Any thoughts or questions would be
approciated.

Do the oak over screeds tarred to the slab just like interior
hardwoods are traditionally done.

--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston