David

There are excellent instructions for making raised panel doors in the
Sommerfeld catalog. It's free.

Dave

CNT wrote:
I see. I didn't know that, that's why I am asking about it...

Chuck

If you use Sommerfeld's method, you'll be cutting them 2-7/16" due to
the depth of the tongues on the rails. It makes calculations easier,
because you cut the rails as if the stiles were 4" less than the width
of the door. So for a 10" door, subtract 4" and cut the rails to 6".
Then when the rails' tongues go into the groove in the stiles, you end
up at 10" total width.

Is it generally common practice for the (top/bottom) rail and (side)
stile set to 2 1/2" wide??