Norman D. Crow

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news
snippage

When I lived in central Pennsylvania decades ago my ex's farm family
would make "hogmaw" sort of a corned beef hash looking conglomeration
cooked in a pig stomach - always reminded me of a giant lima bean and
quite tasty. They also ate "souse," "scrapple," "head cheese," and
"blood sausage" - very little of the animal was discarded.

Yum, yum! Then there's the "cracklin's", the leftover fat tissue after it's
been cooked and the lard pressed out. Grandma always keep a big dishpan of
it right next to the back door for us to snack out of when she was making
lard.

Then of course there's "tripe", which is cow stomach, and can occasionally
be found in the markets here. Not to mention beef heart & tongue. Let us not
forget "Haggis", which I've never had, but I believe is stuff cooked in a
sheep's stomach(UK brethren correct me here, please).

--
Name