Wayne Cook

On Sun, 01 May 2005 15:59:41 GMT, Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote:

Oops, Wayne... Sorry... I re-read your post and let it "sink into the
grey matter" this time. You are indeed correct. Two part
statement.... Points and then "no points" . :-) I do agree with
you about the points type ignition being easy to "tune up" for easy
starts.... I've never been a fan of the electronic world, and now with
all the computers they're installing in lawn tractors, etc., it's a
losing battle.... sigh. BTW, Briggs' new self starter, where it
winds up a spring on shut-down so the spring starts the engine the
next times it's used, and then re-winds the spring on shut down again
for the next time (forget what they call it)... have you done any work
on them? What do you think of the concept? Just asking....

I can't say that I've even heard of it. I am out in the boonies in
many ways. Few folks around here who could afford something like that
and if they could then they've got enough lawn to need a rider.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook