Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
cheesey_toastie wrote:
Fixed a leaky ball cock value and then drained the central heating to
clean it out as there seems to be a blockage in the downstairs radiator
(in the kitchen).

There was sludge in the header tank which has filled back up again, no
longer overflowing as it did with the broked valve. However the
radiators are not filling with water and when i turned on the hot water
the pump was dry running.

How can i get the water circulating again! I think the header tanks
sludge has caused a new blockage... though i added the chemiclas to
clean the sludge... will it unblock overnight!

Common way is to use mains pressure water back up the drain cock via a
hose. But many drain cocks leak from the body when doing this so be
prepared for a mess. ;-) You'll also need a helper to watch the header
tank and say when it starts filling.

But I hope you've got all the gunge out first. ;-)

--
*The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.