Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Jonathan wrote:
We knocked a wall though last year and had an RSJ put in as part of that.

Should we have also had the work certified in some way? There was
something on the telly the other night about making it harder to sell
the house if structural alterations haven't been certified.

Yes. And the builder who did it should have advised of this. You need
calculations to prove it's strong enough, and that the pad stones are
adequate, and that it's properly tied to any joists etc.

If it's been cased in and the pad stones plastered over, a BCO might well
require them exposed again.

--
*Few women admit their age; fewer men act it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.