Earl Creel

Yes Chuck free software is available to help with cutting the parts for
raised panels. Quite some time ago someone posted an Excel spreadsheet
program that works good. It produces a dimensioned sketch and a cut list.
I modified the program some and wrote additional programs to handle multiple
panel assemblies. If you have Excel and are interested drop me an Email and
I will see if I can find it for you. As for the width of rails and stiles
something around 2 1/2" is common. However, other widths are used for large
doors and multiple panel assemblies. Do to the cross grain nature of the
rail to stile joint there is a limit to how wide you can go. In most
situations widths up to 5" are okay.
Earl Creel

"CNT" wrote in message
I am new to raised panel doors (just got PC router and table setup). I
made a few raised panel samples and it's cool. Now I like to use a
software to calculate measurements for the pieces of wood.

I download a software, believe it's "Software for Woodworking". Since I
am new, I think I could follow the diagram and measurements. I just print
two sets (40x20 and 15x10) to try study from there.

If there's other software you experienced, could you post the link for
me?

Is it generally common practice for the (top/bottom) rail and (side)
stile set to 2 1/2" wide??

Per above statement (2 1/2" wide), until about how short (overall) width
to start using narrower rail/stile width? I am asking because I foresee a
project where I might will need to use a 5" overall width (two on each
side, permanent, not doors).

Thanks.

Chuck