Dave in Fairfax

Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
I also grow and have used Paulowinia, while the people in your area
maybe having trouble finding a market, it does exist. The problem would
be getting in touch with the right people. I know when I have bought the
wood it was real spendy. A mature tree, cut for lumber, in Japan, sells
for several thousand dollars.

I don't think I would use it for turning, because it is soo soft.

But, yes it will copse (sp, grow from the roots).

I use it for turning any chance I get. It's harder than pine, more
like poplar, but otherwise much like it and looks somewhat like a
light walnut. Easy to turn and comes out looking nice. Good
present wood. Free is best, and when people chop them out of
their yards, that's what they cost.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader