Ralph E Lindberg

In article . com,
"Glenn" wrote:

The Paulownia tree project was started in my home county. I think it
was mostly a scam, the people that sold the young seedlings to farmers
charged big prices, and promised big returns. The mature trees were to
be sold to pulp and paper companies, but the farmers say they are not
able to find a market for the trees. I am only telling you what
neighbors have told me. When the trees are harvested you do not have
to replant them they will regrow from the existing roots of the cut
tree. Sounds to good to be true, right? The wood is cream colored and
has a hole in the center of the tree about the size of a fifty cent
piece. One of the buyers is now a judge in the superior court, big
headache for the sellers.
Nashville, GA

I also grow and have used Paulowinia, while the people in your area
maybe having trouble finding a market, it does exist. The problem would
be getting in touch with the right people. I know when I have bought the
wood it was real spendy. A mature tree, cut for lumber, in Japan, sells
for several thousand dollars.

I don't think I would use it for turning, because it is soo soft.

But, yes it will copse (sp, grow from the roots).

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv