billh

"George" george@least wrote in message

"billh" wrote in message
. ..
However, I think it is poor practice, unless you are trying to
turn out a 100 pieces a day, to leave any mount external or internal

without
a final clean-up. This renders any marking meaningless.

Billh

If you create no marks with the holding device, you're already cleaned up.

I should have been more specific and this applies to external tenons which I
tend to use. IMO, the last thing I want the bottom of my bowl to look like
is a tenon. My final cleanup means removing all or part of the tenon and
blending the remainder if any into the bowl shape.
Billh