Dave Mundt

Greetings and salutations...

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 14:12:09 -0500, "BigDaddy"
wrote:

A friend of mine had the same problem. I took a chunk of
angle iron I had on hand, and, welded it to the top of a 7/8" hitch
pin from Northern Tool. It needed a bit of work to get the top
edge of the angle iron parallal to the turning axis, but,
worked well enough.
BVasically, all you need to do is measure the banjo hole
and pick up a rod that fits...and get a crossbar of your choice
welded to it.
Regards
Dave Mundt

Thanks for the reply Dave.
A question
Does it matter if the top of the rest is flat, or can it be made from the
same rod, welded into a "T"?

Don
Ft. Worth, TX

As a matter of fact, round rests like this seem to be the
current fad in the turning world. There is a lot to be said for
the bar type of rest, as it can make certain operations easier.
I have yet to make one up to test the theory myself, although I
have, at least, thought of it several times.
Regards
dave mundt