Phil Addison wrote:
On 29 Apr 2005 04:48:04 -0700, in uk.d-i-y wrote:

newly incorporated material snipped again

Under dishwasher detergent - add that it corrodes some steel

cutlery,

Are you thinking of old copper steel cutlery?

Dunno - whatever some of ours is made of, they have got pits in them.

that also raises the q of whether its due to the detergent. I simply
dont know.

- saliva: still the best cleaner for fine art oil paintings,

but
not
available in litre bottles

No its not. It might work, at your risk, but certainly not the

best.

Its what a fine art restoration expert said, so maybe we need some

good