Fenrir Enterprises

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:49:08 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

They're not. If you buy "decorator" shades of water based emulsions here
in the UK (latex to you guys ?), then many of the more retail-oriented
brands are now in clear plastic buckets.

For gloss paints, the resins used are more UV sensitive and so I've not
seen these in clear packaging. Pigment is pretty stable against fading,
compared to the resins yellowing.

In the US I have yet to see latex paint in clear buckets. Dutch Boy is
the only one I've seen that comes in plastic containers to begin with
(with a nice pour spout), rather than cans which quickly turn into a
gooey mess.

Looks like for a gloss clear varnish, I should start transferring it
into hydrogen peroxide bottles.