Harold and Susan Vordos

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
A guy has this small hand torch with thread-on tips. He wants to make up
an adapter for different tips and as such he plans to start by making a
part that threads onto his torch. However, the thread is really unusual.
He asked for my help today and I looked at it semi-closely. Neither my
26tpi gage nor my 27tpi gage appeared to really fit it. It looked to me
like it was in between, call it a "26½tpi" thread. I miked the OD of the
threads and got 0.429" which isn't very close to anything except maybe

11mm.
The fit between the torch body and tips is a good fit, i.e. the thread

isn't
sloppy or anything -- if it were, it would leak -- and the threads are not
tapered. Under 10X magnification the thread form appeared a bit rounded.

Can anyone ID this thread? It is probably something to do with tube or
straight pipe thread.

GWE

Sounds like the torch was made in the UK. Is the form 55 degrees?

Harold