siliconmike

Carl Ijames wrote:
www.caswellplating.com sells small kits and has good technical
assistance. It is very difficult to do well with home recipes and

their
prices are very reasonable.

I'm in India and "reasonable price" is defined differently here. Plus I
need to do this plating routinely. So I'd prefer local chemicals.
Thanks anyways.
Mike

Regards,
Carl Ijames carl.ijames at verizon.net

"siliconmike" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd like to learn how to do electrolytic nickel and gold plating on
copper sheets. Any web resources/links etc. ? I tried to search on
google but almost all results were commercial companies.

My exact application is to
1. edm wire cut copper foil (100 microns) - about 10mm x 10mm piece
2. clean off the corrosion on the edges due to wire cut process
3. nickel plate and make total thickness 130 microns
4. gold plate about 2 microns.

(I'm not sure whether I need to do step 2).

Please help.

Thanks
Mike