Tom

Wayne Cook wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:46:15 -0700, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

I have an older Briggs and Stratton 3.5hp engine on a lawn edger. I am
getting no spark. (has points, not elect. ign.)

I have removed the flywheel and I can visually detect no issue with the
points or any obvious shorts.

Any advice on how to test the magneto armature and the capacitor?

I don't mind buying the parts, but I hate to replace a part just to rule it
out.

I recommend going to a solid state module as well but I disagree
with the price. They run between $35 and $45 depending.
Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

I've seen them cheaper than this:
http://m-and-d.com/ignition_parts.html

Last month, I paid the equivalent of US16.00 for one down here.

Tom