Mark Carver

John Rumm wrote:
Chuck Bodgers wrote:

The leakage from Sat/TV Coax is so small at normal operating
frequencies that no forced separation is required.

That assumes you are talking CT100 grade co-ax. The leakage from many so
called "low-loss" co-ax cables can be significant.

Overview:
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/coaxialcablescreening.html

Serious detail:
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/coaxcablequalityhmdim.htm

However CAT5 cable consists of twisted pair conductors, each pair of
which is driven and received by a balanced device. In other words any
interference picked up on the cores should be cancelled at the cable's
termination device. I run two CAT 5 cables a distance of some 7 metres
tied together with the feed from my satellite dish (admittedly CT-100)
and there's no problem.

In any case you should always use CT-100, not just for satellite dishes,
but also good practice for TV and FM aerial downleads.

--
Mark